Deadbolt Locks – 24 hour Services NYC – Change ⋆ Replace ⋆ Repair ⋆ Install ⋆
deadbolt locks – When you choose to replace an old or inadequate lock, it may lead to better security.
Our Expert Locksmiths will not only install your new lock, but we can also help recommend the right lock for the level of security that you want.
door locks and lock security. No matter your needs, we’re here to help with a full locksmith services and products to choose from.
We work with residential and commercial clients in New York City
to ensure they have the right locks installed for their needs
If you need a locks change, call us today for quick and quality service throughout the New York City area.
Are you worried that someone might open your door or jimmy the regular door knob lock? If so, it might be helpful to learn about the deadbolt lock. This is a stronger locking mechanism and can help you feel safer and more secure. Need professional assistance? Call Locksmith For NYC today (917) 696-8842
What’s a deadbolt lock?
Most people wonder what a deadbolt lock is and why it’s so secure. Generally, deadbolt locks feature a bolt inside, which has to be activated by a thumb turn or key. They are usually more secure than other locking mechanisms because they aren’t spring-activated. This means the lock can’t be ‘jimmied’ open with a credit card or knife blade. Also, people can’t use credit cards and slip it between the door jamb and the door latch. Please call (917) 696-8842 to get the best service on installation, repairs, and replacements of your current locking mechanisms.
Are double-key deadbolts considered illegal?
Yes, sometimes they are, but it depends on your location. Fire-code restrictions might indicate that double-cylinder deadbolts cannot be used in homes and businesses. In a sense, you could get trapped in your house when a fire breaks out because you’re unlikely to have both of the keys to open the deadbolt. However, you can choose to use two-key deadbolts on the outside with a thumb-turn mechanism on the inside. This ensures that you cannot get stuck in your house during an emergency while still providing you with the protection you need.
How easy is it to replace my deadbolt?
If you’re planning to install a new deadbolt on your door, and it’s a new unit, you are going to require multiple tools to get the job done. However, it’s much easier to replace a deadbolt because the preliminary work is already done. In this case, you just need a screwdriver, the lock, and some lubricant to make the process easy. However, you must make sure that your new deadbolt lock aligns with the screws, cylinders, and strike plate.
Why is my deadbolt lock sticking?
Many deadbolts are pre-lubricated at the factory level. They’ve got grease inside them to help them operate smoothly over and over. You may require more lubrication to keep things going. However, you might find that your deadbolt works properly when the door is open. If that is the case, there is an alignment problem causing it to stick. There is little tolerance between the strike plate hole and the deadbolt. If you can’t seem to find the problem yourself, please call us at (917) 696-8842, and we can come to your location and fix the issue.
Locksmith 4 NYC is the leading manufacturer in the highest security market, including:
Mul-T-Lock, Medeco, ASSA Abloy, Schlage, Corbin Russwin, Yale, Marks, Arrow, Sargent, Baldwin, Omnia, Emtek And more.
With the quality locks from these industry leading brands.
- Commercial deadbolt locks / Residential deadbolt locks : Grade 1, Grade 2
- Finish: Polished Brass, Satin Chrome, Duronitc and more…
- Sizes: 2-3/8″ and 2-¾” Backsets
- Blank Plate Thumbturn (one sided)
- Regular security – Maximum security deadbolt.
- Deadbolts With Decorative Trim.
- Deadbolt Single side Cylinder
- Dummy Deadbolt
- Occupancy Indicator Thumbturn
- Deadbolt Double side Cylinder
- No Trim Thumbturn(one sided),
deadbolt locks – Here is what we can offer you:
- Carry top manufacturers, featuring the finest, most professional products available.
- We also offer locks installation, repair services, replacement services
- Quick service & guaranteed satisfaction.
- Adding a Deadbolt Lock for Added Security.
- Knowledgeable experts.
- Using high quality products like Schlage deadbolt
- Licensed Insured Bonded Guarantee.
- Safety begins with Locksmith For NYC
- We work around the clock to provide you with all the locksmith services you need to customers across the five boroughs of New York City – Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island and surrounding areas.
Contact Us – Locksmith 4 NYC would love to help you day or night.
We offer quick 24 hour service no matter when or where you need it.